Archives by Year: 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020 | 2021 | 2022 | 2023

6/12/2013

Summer Shows

Sorry it's been so long since I last blogged. 

I was standing on line for a cronut.

Kidding.  Nobody can get their mitts on one of those.

I've actually been distracted because I started an awesome new job!  Wait... what's that you ask?  Did I get myself a present to celebrate like I like to do?

Well, I might (and I will) and if (when) I do, it will definitely be something small (or big).  I mean, who needs a boyfriend to buy you stuff (when a handbag named Louis follows you home)?

Now, if you're anything like me, you love summer because you can catch up on TV.  Oh sure, there's sunshine, and s'mores, and fireflies.  They're swell too.

But mostly, it's the TV.  Also, the s'mores (and I wonder why I buy my own handbags). 

Anyway, if you find yourself one day, with nothing but the telly and some time, crank up the AC and slather on a full season of these shows. 

I promise, you won't get burned.

(Couldn't resist...)


House of Cards
Netflix Original Series
13 episodes

The plot in 10 words or less: Some people will do anything to become President.

The star: Kevin Spacey as Majority Whip Francis Underwood

Why watch:  Kevin Spacey talks to you.  And he has no morals.  At.  All. 



The Americans
FX
14 episodes

The plot in 10 words or less: Felicity is a Russian spy living in the 1980s.

The star: Matthew Rhys as Phillip Jennings

Why watch:  It's fun to watch a show where the highest tech spy gadget is a wig and a moustache.  Plus the Rubix Cube makes a guest appearance.  Really, what's not to love?


Bates Motel
A&E
11 episodes

The plot in 10 words or less: Modern-day prequel to Psycho, Norman still creepy, has iPhone.

The star: Vera Farmiga as Norma Bates

Why watch:  It's oddly addictive.  Can't imagine why the motel didn't work out.



Nashville (see, I told you)
ABC
22 episodes

The plot in 10 words or less: Fading star and teen sensation hate eachother and sing songs.

The star: Connie Britton as Rayna James

Why watch: 2 words... Deacon.  Claybourne.  Also download Wrong Song.  SO catchy!


New Girl
FOX
50 episodes

The plot in 10 words or less: Quirky girl lives with 3 guys, romantic tension ensues.

The star: Zooey Deschanel as Jess

Why watch:  Season 2, episode 15, aka The Cooler.  THATS how a kiss is done.  Also Schmidt is hilarious.





Know of any shows that I should catch up on?  List YOUR favorites below.  Or, tell me what you love about summer if your TV is on vacation...


tags: entertainment

6 comments:

Rachel said...

I LOVE NASHVILLE TOO!!!!!!!

chris said...

Congrats on the new gig girl. To think I knew you when :)

Anonymous said...

House of Cars is amazing!

Jessica said...

Congratulations on the new job!

Anonymous said...

Have you seen Magic City on Stars?

Anonymous said...

HOMELAND AND DEXTR