Archives by Year: 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020 | 2021 | 2022 | 2023

12/24/2015

Which Christmas Cookie Are You?

I'm fully in the holiday spirit after recently spending the day at my college roommate's house.

We baked a TON of sugar cookies with her kids and it was a total blast. We also decorated full sheets of Rice Krispie Treats and whipped up a peanut butter, chocolate, and raspberry bar cookie, called a Jam Jam.

More like, yum yum!

I think we may make it an annual thing -- which I love, because the last time we went on a baking spree was exactly half a lifetime ago.

We were 21, in college and avoiding studying for exams. So of course, we decided to make roughly 20 dozen cookies from a Mrs. Fields cookbook my mom bought us. We put them in festive Saran Wrap and loaded everything into our sleigh (also known as my roomie's white Chevy Beretta), then hand-delivered them to our friends (who were almost entirely guys).

Because, priorities.

Since it's also Thursday, here's a little throwback for you from that marathon baking session. And if it looks like we lived in a dump, it's because we kinda did. Eh, at least it was on the beach...



Now, back to the good stuff: Treats. We all have a favorite Christmas cookie.  It's the first one you eat from the tray. Learn below what I think each one says about you.

Choose wisely...

  1. Biscotti: You are a hipster, or an old Italian grandma.
  2. Candy Cane Shaped Cookies: You own an apron, you love Christmas, and you don't care who knows it.
  3. Chocolate Chip Cookies: You are loyal and a good friend. You also get all your recipes from the backs of packages.
  4. Chocolate Truffles: You don't bake and you keep sweaters in your oven.
  5. Crinkle Cookies: You are adventurous, and like Cyndi Lauper, you just want to have fun.
  6. Gingerbread: You are organized, creative and do not know how to "let it go."
  7. Linzer or Lace Cookies: You fancy.  If you're not already British, you wish you were.
  8. Oatmeal Raisin Cookies: You are a do-gooder, but you are not invited to my party, Falalala Flackseed.
  9. Rum Balls: Your favorite flavor is tipsy and you have tinsel stuck to your shoe.
  10. Snickerdoodles: You love crossword puzzles and have hosted an ugly sweater party.
  11. Spritz Cookies: You could have made a sugar cookie, but you try harder. You might also eat your feelings.
  12. Sugar Cookies: You are traditional but everyone is glad you came.  The same cannot be said for fruitcake.


So, does the oven mitt fit? Am I half-baked? Tell me which cookie you got below.

And merry everything to YOU!


tags: holidays, food


7 comments:

chris said...

im a biscotti can i be both a hipster and a grandma? Happy christmas jen :)

Anonymous said...

Funny :)

Lynn A. said...

Jen, that pic is EVERYTHING! Also, I'm a Snickerdoodle.

Jessica said...

Linzer cookies, please! And yes, I often dream of being British. Happy New Year, Jen!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jen said...

I may be a day late and a gingerbreadman short (not)...but Jam Jam's rule the xmas confections! Must be their moist deliciousness! Also, I apparently don't know how to do this commenting thing because I just deleted my first comment! Guess I should stick with baking:)

Jenny From The 'Brook said...

Hahahaa. Hello, friend. Lubed up JAM JAMS 4 EVAHHH!!

Jess: I hear you. I wish I was Lady Mary. Minus the dead husband and the sourpuss.

Lynn: Nice! I own an ugly sweater, can I come to your next party?

Chris: YES! That's you in a nutshell.

Happy new year, everybody! (Can you see I made a resolution to reply to comments?)