We baked a TON of sugar cookies with her kids and it was a total blast. We also decorated full sheets of Rice Krispie Treats and whipped up a peanut butter, chocolate, and raspberry bar cookie, called a Jam Jam.
More like, yum yum!
I think we may make it an annual thing -- which I love, because the last time we went on a baking spree was exactly half a lifetime ago.
We were 21, in college and avoiding studying for exams. So of course, we decided to make roughly 20 dozen cookies from a Mrs. Fields cookbook my mom bought us. We put them in festive Saran Wrap and loaded everything into our sleigh (also known as my roomie's white Chevy Beretta), then hand-delivered them to our friends (who were almost entirely guys).
Since it's also Thursday, here's a little throwback for you from that marathon baking session. And if it looks like we lived in a dump, it's because we kinda did. Eh, at least it was on the beach...
Now, back to the good stuff: Treats. We all have a favorite Christmas cookie. It's the first one you eat from the tray. Learn below what I think each one says about you.
- Biscotti: You are a hipster, or an old Italian grandma.
- Candy Cane Shaped Cookies: You own an apron, you love Christmas, and you don't care who knows it.
- Chocolate Chip Cookies: You are loyal and a good friend. You also get all your recipes from the backs of packages.
- Chocolate Truffles: You don't bake and you keep sweaters in your oven.
- Crinkle Cookies: You are adventurous, and like Cyndi Lauper, you just want to have fun.
- Gingerbread: You are organized, creative and do not know how to "let it go."
- Linzer or Lace Cookies: You fancy. If you're not already British, you wish you were.
- Oatmeal Raisin Cookies: You are a do-gooder, but you are not invited to my party, Falalala Flackseed.
- Rum Balls: Your favorite flavor is tipsy and you have tinsel stuck to your shoe.
- Snickerdoodles: You love crossword puzzles and have hosted an ugly sweater party.
- Spritz Cookies: You could have made a sugar cookie, but you try harder. You might also eat your feelings.
- Sugar Cookies: You are traditional but everyone is glad you came. The same cannot be said for fruitcake.
So, does the oven mitt fit? Am I half-baked? Tell me which cookie you got below.
And merry everything to YOU!
tags: holidays, food