Archives by Year: 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020 | 2021 | 2022 | 2023

5/31/2017

Women Who Rock

This post is inspired by a deep comment I received on my last post:

"why r these all dudes"

Why, indeed, Anonymous.  Why, indeed.

I think it's because I had (or have) a crush on one or more members of these bands.  And I like dudes.

But your excellent point is well taken.  There are lots of amazing female singers out there!

I don't happen to be one of them, of course.

I might be tone deaf, I have shitty range, and I've got more of a low man singing voice than a high lady voice.  In fact, our chorus teacher in 7th grade told me I should find a different hobby.  Like art.

So I did.

Now I just sing in cars and when I'm cleaning the shower.

Here are 8 ladies I wish I sounded like:


NATALIE MERCHANT
I Became a Fan in: 1988, I was 15

Natalie, in a Word: Muse

If I Sang Karaoke, I'd Sing: Because the Night

Best Line: Love is a banquet on which we feed.





GWEN STEFANI
I Became a Fan in: 1995, I was 22

Gwen, in a Word: Strong

If I Sang Karaoke, I'd Sing: Don't Speak

Best Line: It looks as though you're letting go. And if it's real, well I don't want to know.




FIONA APPLE
I Became a Fan in: 1996, I was 23

Fiona, in a Word: Mercurial

If I Sang Karaoke, I'd Sing: Criminal

Best Line: But I keep living this day like the next will never come.





P!NK
I Became a Fan in: 2001, I was 28

P!nk, in a Word: In Your Face (that's 3, I know)

If I Sang Karaoke, I'd Sing: Who Knew

Best Line: That last kiss, I'll cherish until we meet again.





SHAKIRA
I Became a Fan in: 2002, I was 29

Shakira, in a Word: Spicy

If I Sang Karaoke, I'd Sing: Empire

Best Line: Shake off all of your sins and give them to me.





LADY GAGA
I Became a Fan in: 2008, I was 35

Gaga, in a Word: Iconic

If I Sang Karaoke, I'd Sing: Applause

Best Line: Live for the way that you cheer and scream for me.




SIA
I Became a Fan in: 2011, I was 38

Sia, in a Word: Artistic

If I Sang Karaoke, I'd Sing: Unstoppable

Best Line: I'm a Porsche with no brakes.





LORDE
I Became a Fan in: 2013, I was 40

Lorde, in a Word: Prodigy

If I Sang Karaoke, I'd Sing: Royals

Best Line: We don't care, we're driving Cadillacs in our dreams.






So, that's my list.  Show YOUR love for the ladies below...


tags: music

No comments: